If your home deals with hard water on a regular basis, your water softener is one of the most vital pieces of equipment in your entire home. That is also why it's important to make sure it's running correctly and not having any issues.
To make sure you're not running into any problems, here are five signs to watch for to see if your water softener or conditioner is not working:
- Experiencing hard water
- One of the most obvious ways to tell if there's an issue. If you begin getting deposits in your water on a normal basis or at all, this is a clear sign that issues have arose.
- Consistent running water
- If your softener or conditioner sounds like it has water running through it consistently, there's likely an issue and the system is stuck in a softening process. This is normally seen in older units that have more wear and tear.
- Different tastes
- Another obvious sign that a problem has occured is when you begin tasting, smelling or feeling hard water from the faucet. This is normally an issue with the capacity setting on your system and you may be running low on soft water.
- Not using salt
- These water softener units use sodium chloride or potassium chloride to remove the hardness out of your water. If the salt isn't being used, this is a clear issue for the system and will result in hard water problems.
- Different colors
- As for an obvious giveaway to city water users, the color of the water can be a clear sign for issues. Yellowish, orange, gray or brown water is a sign that the water is affected.
Keeping your water softener in order is important. For professional assistance, make sure to contact us as soon as possible. Our professionals will have your softener or conditioner back up and running in no time.
If you're looking for home water systems and don't know who to trust, contact the experts at Ohio Valley Pure Water today!